Crystal Reports webElements
Library Version 2.47
webElements is a Custom Function library for Crystal Reports which allows you to easily embed web controls onto a Crystal report. It has been created by report developers for report developers. You can use webElements in Crystal Reports 2011, 2008, XI and XI Release 2.
webElements allows report developers to
- Embed web controls into a Crystal report.
- Develop a custom prompt page to target Crystal Reports and Web Intelligence.
- Develop an interface to provide additional interaction with data such as write-backs to the database and report annotations.
- Create a reporting jump page or navigation page or simple reporting portal.
- Customize, hide, or suppress the Crystal Reports viewer toolbar.
- Create interactive dashboard style reports.
- Automatically refresh reports to emulate real time reporting or to do load testing.
webElements has the following advantages:
- It’s free.
- No additional web pages are required…only the .rpt file.
- No additional personnel are required…just the report developer.
- No additional tools (i.e. software packages) are required.
- No HTML programming knowledge is required.
Notes on Support
- SAP BusinessObjects Customer Assurance does not support the free custom development add-on: webElements.
- Support from the community is available via the SAP Crystal Reports on the SAP Community Network.
- When you create a forum post, please use “webElements” in the subject line.
- Further support for creating reports with webElements is provided by SAP BusinessObjects consulting services.
- For Crystal Reports 2011 & 2008, the current version is webElements247.
- For Crystal Reports XI & XI Release 2 the current version is webElements246.
Download webElements for Crystal Reports 2011 & Crystal Reports 2008
Download webElements for Crystal Reports XI & Crystal Reports XI Release 2
In the downloads referenced above, there is a complete User Guide as well as a number of sample reports.