UPDATED! The process is now complete, all Top Contributors have been notified, those who did not respond and had ample chance will unfortunately miss out on some cool activities otherwise I am happy to report that the new contest year is also officially started and we will be updated the entire process and informing the community after the Bangalore TechEd, new items are in the works to make 2008-2009 even more interesting for our “Expert Contributors”!!
UPDATED! My apologies to those members who were left off the list 🙁
Finally, after a lot of effort and work to ensure we had an accurate picture of the folks who have worked hard to earn their respective positions of leadership for their topic it is my pleasure to announce to you your SAP 2007-2008 Top Contributors, these individuals will be your representatives to the SAP Community Network team and will be helping to define the course of the SCN communities over the course of the next year. Please join me in congratulating them on a job well done. Recognition as thought leaders and topic experts is not an easy thing to achieve and these individuals are well on their way to achieving just that!
For this past year we had 23 categories that one could define themselves in, the results are in, tallied and totaled and looking good!
|Anji Reddy Vangala||ABAP Development|
|Naimesh Patel||ABAP Development|
|Vudhamari Bharath Kumar||Business Information Warehouse|
|Chintan Doshi||Business Information Warehouse|
|Jitu Krishna||Business Information Warehouse|
|Ted Ueda||Business Objects|
|Ludek Uher||Business Objects|
|Fritz Feltus||Business Objects|
|Brian Bischof||Business Objects|
|Suda Sampath||Business One|
|Jimmy Michael||Business One|
|David Nussböck||Business One|
|Richard Hirsch||Business Process Expert|
|Prkash Darji||Business Process Expert|
|Ginger Gatling||Business Process Expert|
|Ganesan Lakshmipathi||Business Solutions|
|Rajesha Vittal||Business Solutions|
|Kishore Kumar Chiluka||Business Solutions|
|Steve Winkler||Business Standards|
|Mark Crawford||Business Standards|
|Thomas Weiss||Business Standards|
|Markus Döhr||Database and OS Platforms|
|Kaushal Malavia||Database and OS Platforms|
|Lars Breddemann||Database and OS Platforms|
|Dafna Yanay||Enterprise Portal|
|Harini Subramanian||Enterprise Portal|
|Swarup Sawant||Exchange Infrastructure|
|Prateek Raj Srivastava||Exchange Infrastructure|
|N V Seshagiri||Exchange Infrastructure|
|Praveen Gudapati||Knowledge Management|
|Christopher Kaestner||Knowledge Management|
|Vijayakumar Kanniah Mohan||Knowledge Management|
|Srini Vas||Master Data Management|
|Ankur Ramakumar Goel||Master Data Management|
|REMOVED FOR CHEATING!||Master Data Management|
|Jitesh Talreja||Master Data Management|
|Oliver Kaluscha||Mobile Infrastructure|
|Stefan Wawrzinek||Mobile Infrastructure|
|Sivakumar V||Mobile Infrastructure|
|Durairaj Athavan Raja||SAP NetWeaver Application Server|
|Siddhesh Ghag||SAP NetWeaver Application Server|
|Raja Thangamani||SAP NetWeaver Application Server|
|Juan Reyes||SAP NetWeaver Platform|
|Arghadip Kar||SAP NetWeaver Platform|
|Peter Gutsche||SAP NetWeaver Platform|
|Dipankar Saha||SAP xApps|
|Abesh Bhattacharjee||SAP xApps|
|Mussarrat Husain||SAP xApps|
|Alvaro Tejada Galindo||Scripting Languages|
|William Gardella||Scripting Languages|
|Daniel McWeeney||Scripting Languages|
|Ayyapparaj KV||Web Dynpro|
|Armin Reichert||Web Dynpro|
|Chris Whealy||Web Dynpro|
|Chris Whealy||Web Services|
|Martin Raepple||Web Services|
|Frederic-Pascal Ahring||Web Services|
|Marcus Shiffer||Web Services|
|Nirav Goradia||Web Services|
Congratulations to one and all for a job well done! The following is a snippet of the note that I sent to each and everyone one of these Top Contributors (hopefully by the time everyone is reading this they all had a chance to read their mail already).
Back in 2003 when I joined SDN, yes it was just SDN back then I had no idea that 5 years later on the 5th anniversary of the “Clubhouse” at TechEd and in my celebration of my 5th year in the community that I would find myself writing such a mail to recognize the hard work of so many others! It’s been a great 5 years and I am glad you are able to step into the ranks of Top Contributors of years past to share this with me!
Many of you might not realize but over the years I have often relied on a group of community members I refer to as the “SDN Advisory Council” it’s been an anonymous or better said a secret group of “Community Influencer’s” who have helped to direct and shape the course of SDN and the other communities over the years. This has always been an informal group of trusted community members and this year I’ve decided to take the opportunity to formalize that a bit by inviting each and everyone one of the Top Contributors to a new forum created just for them, they will have that opportunity now to shape the future of our communities! Remember this year is about the power Forget the 1 Million… have!
For those of you attending one of the SAP TechEd events will also be able to find these folks as well as the SAP mentors and many of the SAP TechEd speakers inside the Community Clubhouse in the “Networking Lounge” or you can even use the “Social Networking – Beta Release” tool to search for them ahead of time!
This of course brings up a point of interest do you actually know what levels we have here within the various communities? I don’t mean points or anything I mean the levels of “influence”? Two of these levels are related to a specific point number however the rest are related to strong contributions and continuously leading by example and showing the way for others in the community.
- Consumer, someone who visits listens and learns from others in the community.
- Participant, someone who has been here and now decides to begin to share their knowledge and experience as well.
- Contributor, this is someone who has taken the time to learn the ins and outs of the community and put forth some effort once they reach a 100 well earned points we consider them to be a “Contributor” and therefore give them the opportunity to show themselves as well as let us know who it is they really are via the “Profiles” – the profiles help the rest of the community get to know, understand add credibility to what it is you are telling them.
- Active Contributors, these are the folks who have continue to be active in the community and have reached the yearly milestone of 250 points – we really start to watch these folks for our “diamonds in the rough” the folks who we might consider for our level 6 at some point.
- Top Contributors, the folks I mentioned above really. These are the people who look at once a year specific to each of the categories we offer and has no real direction relation to points as each area is different and some will be more active than another so we look to what the people are doing and creating and these are the people who make it to the top of our list for level 6.
- “Community Influencer’s” this is a very small group, a handful really in each of the communities who we consider through their past actions to be leaders in the community be it for their specific topics or the community in general these are people that we value their opinions very highly and we often seek them out for advice and suggestions.
Beyond that SAP has of course the “SAP Mentor Program” initiative where through strong contribution and showing yourself as being a thought leader you have a chance to be nominated! We also look highly to our level 5 and 6 for potential new How Grateful We Are For All Our ‘M’s, and even as “Community Reporters“.