Skip to Content
I am sharing my personal experience in this Blog while doing a File to Multiple IDoc scenario following the Blog The specified item was not found. by Mike.  

I followed all the Design steps as told by Mike. I sum up the design steps again

 

  1. Export the XSD of the IDoc.
  2. Change the Occurrence of the IDoc in the XSD.
  3. Import the IDoc as an External Definition.
  4. Use this ED in the Message Mapping.
  5. In the Interface Mapping using the actual IDoc interface and not the ED.

 

Fine! All these design in the IR were done. The Message Mapping, Interface Mapping and the Test Configuration were executed successfully without any error. But surprisingly the scenario ended up with an error while doing an end-to-end testing. Upon Monitoring I found that the multiple IDoc were generated however XI was not able to deliver the IDoc to the receiver system landing up with an error ATTRIBUTE_HEAD_MAPPING.

 

 

While I was breaking my heads on finding out the cause for this error, my colleague raised this Problem in File to Idoc scenario, which never gave any hint for resolving it rather was driving the scenario in a different way. This was the reason why I am Blogging this solution which would be useful for the newbie’s.

 

This error baffled me because the same scenario was successful when the actual IDoc was used and only one IDoc was generated for each message. After a couple of days I found out the cause for this error was bcz of the XPATH in Receiver Agreement.

We were using the Header Mapping in the Receiver Agreement. The XPath of the Sender Party and the Receiver Party was logically wrong even though it sounds physically correct. The following XPATH expressions would define what I exactly mean.

 

XPATHS that resulted in error:

/ZISU_XXXXX_BRD_T64/IDOC/EDI_DC40/SNDPRN

/ZISU_XXXXX_BRD_T64/IDOC/EDI_DC40/SCVPRN

 

This XPATH physically looks correct referring to the correct path however the trick was with the occurrence of the IDoc i.e. for the multiple occurrences the IDoc was indexed with its occurrence. So Indexing the IDoc in the XPATH resolved the error..!

Correct XPATH:

/ZISU_XXXXX_BRD_T64/IDOC[1]/EDI_DC40/SNDPRN

/ZISU_XXXXX_BRD_T64/IDOC[1]/EDI_DC40/SCVPRN

 

This Receiver Aggriment resulted in the successful execution of the scenario.

To report this post you need to login first.

1 Comment

You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.

  1. Bernd Eckenfels
    What actually happens when a xpath expression matches multiple nodes is, that it returns a nodelist. The code who is issuing the xpath request should in the case it does not expect a node list eighter pick one node/value (the first most likely) or error out with an ambigious violation error, to make the debugging of this situation easier.
    (0) 

Leave a Reply