To coincide with the general release of SAP REACH Compliance 1.1, BPX has sponsored a recorded Webinar On-Demand of the first official solution demo. In the first demo unveiling of its kind on BPX, Dr. Marko Lange provides a step-by-step commentary as he presents the executive offline demo for SAP REACH Compliance.
The community has played a large part in the discussions around REACH and the associated application in recent months, so it’s quite fitting that the first application demo should be launched through BPX.
Running time is approximately one hour and the Webcast promises to clarify the impact of REACH on business processes, showing also how IT can help to manage compliance.
Central to the Webcast is Marko Lange’s description of the SAP REACH Compliance Process Flow, which I’ve paraphrased and reproduced below:
REACH Compliance Process Flow
Complementing IUCLID5 for the electronic submission of substance data and registration dossiers, SAP REACH Compliance facilitates management of all REACH-related activities.
- Assess materials/substances according to their REACH relevance.
- Determine communication needs, based on your initial assessment of REACH-relevant materials/subtances together with additional data from the logistics modules for purchasing and sales & distribution.
- Manage and document communications, supported by a process called Supply Chain Communication.
- The information generated through Supply Chain Communication (determined on substance/material level) is assigned to each substance/material and enriched by additonal substance-related REACH data.
- Begin registration processes, using this central store of substance/material data.
The business scenario covers management of:
- Organizational data
- REACH-relevant data for materials and substances
- Each individual registration