Interested in understanding BPMN in an SAP context? SAP Mentor John Harrickey of CSA International will discuss how IT and developers collaborated using BPMN to model processes, define business rules and establish composite service requirements in this free webinar which is hosted by the SAP Americas User Group (ASUG) and made available to SAP Community Network Members.
Bringing New Thinking to Business Process Design to Improve IT Alignment with Business Stakeholders
Date: August 13, 2008
Time: 10:00 a.m. CDT
Speaker: John Harrickey, CSA
To register : http://ws.asug.com/ss/wsb.dll/5/BPAWebcast813.htm
Emerging markets in Asia and pressure to standardize and deploy processes on a global basis is demanding that CSA International review their business processes. This presentation focuses on how BPM/SOA is bringing new thinking to business process design to improve IT alignment with business stakeholders while allowing business analysts to more easily collaborate with developers using BPMN to model processes, define business rules and establish composite service requirements. We will demo the resulting composite app which makes use of Visual Composer, ERP 6.0 (via RFC) and non-SAP services to allow task and process management.
Aspects covered in the presentation:
– BPMN model design, how business analysts collaborated with the development team
– How we developed our service inventory – interactive and backend services
– How we are handling task management – using VC
– How we manage process context to maintain the current state of the process
– How business rules were defined and business rules drive the process based on process state management