The most challenging part of any marketing dept of company is to display their product information effectively to the customer and the most convenient media is through website. However this isn’t an easy task. Publishing and proper marketing through website has its own issues.
- Website has to be in sync with the product catalog for up to date info about the product. And they are very hard to update.
- Additional Data may not usually be available on the website i.e. the customer may need to view Additional info
- Data on website has to be organized in the way customers look for information.
The above issues can be addressed with improvised MDM Web Services.
Maintaining two slave catalogs on the MDM server. By creating two slaves for the catalog will allow the new data to be synchronized into one slave. Data on the website will be kept accurate and updated with the most recent product information by simply switching to the slave with the most recent data. By Switching between the slaves one is able to keep the website posted with timely up to date information
MDM Web services are interfaces provided to MDM server to perform some basic operations such as read create and update. These interfaces have to follow some standards such as SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) and WSDL (Web Services Description Language). Some of the Functions provided by the Web services include
Ø Management Master Data Objects
- Checking the existing Master Data Object before Creation.
- Retrieving the details of the Master Data Objects.
- Creation and Updating of Master Data Objects.
Ø Manage Unique Identifiers of Master Data Objects
SAP Net Weaver MDM 5.5 SP06 (Web Services)