One of the coolest aspects of SAP TechEd is the evening Demo Jam! A small group of finalists each year are given 6 minutes (no powerpoints, no marketing, no sales) just a demo a real live working demo! In that 6 minutes that have to prove to the audience that their “tech” is the best tech!
In the past we’ve seen the birth of SAPLink with over 7000 downloads already, we “Got our Wii hands on!” we saw widgets explode onto the screen from Memories from a Demo Jammer (and winner of Demo Jam Munich 2007) and Tarun and much much more!
I threw together this little video of some memories I have of the past events and I’ve also been asked to host the Demo Jam live on stage this year in Berlin and Bangalore so a very exciting time for me, I will have to depend on everyone else for photos though 🙂
For those new to the idea, or are not sure of the “minor” details to getting your idea submitted here you go. You’ve still time! I’m also happy to answer questions if you have them before submitting!
What is it?
- Fun, high-energy competition between SAP customers, partners, and employees showing their best live demos
- No canned demos
- Each finalist has 6 minutes to present
- Audience decides best of show by “applause-o-meter” vote
Why do it?
- Prestige and visibility
- 2 Complimentary registrations for SAP TechEd
How to Participate?
- Submit a proposal: June 2 – July 4
- Online Submission Form * www.sapteched.com/demojam/contest
- Selection Committee: SAP-internal technology leadership teams)
Watch Demo Jam ‘07 Videos * (Las Vegas)