With global sourcing options and competition, top management of many companies are looking at strategic benefits of purchasing and supply management. However the results have not been achieved as expected. Purchasing is no more get the supplies organization, but have grown into a more strategic organization driving cost reductions in unexplored territories using insights gained alongside suppliers to enhance value creation, with some using purchasing as a springboard for innovation. CPOs tend to adopt a more rigorous approach to talent, create higher aspirations for themselves and their teams, and carefully align their sourcing efforts with the strategic goals of their companies. These pioneering organizations are laying the foundation for a better approach to procurement—one that average performers ignore at their peril.
SAP in their drive to bring their mantra of ‘EPM is not for finance only’, has come out with a solution that helps CPOs and their organization to achieve the above objectives and make every business best run business.SAP has been having constant focus on EPM with solution offering coming out through different acquisitions such as Outlooksoft, Pilot, Business objects etc. SAP in the meantime has built an analytical solution that addresses the needs of the Purchasing or Sourcing department, and would provide an analytical and reporting extension to SAP SRM product. This is an EPM solution that satisfies the Office of Chief Purchase officer and provides a cool user interface that can help the purchase department and the various buyers to analyze the spends across multiple dimensions. The solution also aligns with the CFO’s objective of optimizing the spending and brings great collaboration across purchase and finance groups.
Product Characteristics include:
- Super cool user interface based on adobe flex technology
- Data Management Capability – A easy to use, user driven interface for managing data loads into BW
- Briefing books that makes life easy
- Spend Advisor – that allows buyers to set goals for spends, therefore extending analytics to performance management
- Completely intergrated to Netweaver BW, however having the flexibility to get data from other data sources as well
- New way of designing data models, queries to provide customers a seamless experience
- 1st customer live in less than 3 months
- Seamless integration with SAP SRM
This is a first of the various Operational Performance Management applications SAP is planning to roll out in the next couple of years. The next solution that is hitting the customer would be called Supply Chain Performance Management, that would have focus on end to end supply chain process bringing an analytics and performance management flavor to this.