In the past, I have not been a frequent blogger or twitterer but every time I posted it was about keeping the balance between valuable contributions and their corresponding points.
During last year’s TechEd we adapted the recognition program to support the school feeding project with donations to remind us of the altruistic attitude of communities.
A few weeks ago we added an annual point counter since we want to focus on the most recent contributions. As soon as you have earned 250 points in 2008 you will be an active Top Contributor and will receive your Community Badge.
Our newest initiative merges ‘Topic of the Month’ with the ‘Community Projects’ and provides it with a home (see below).
This provides more structure and commitment from SCN to the already existing Community Projects.
- Focus on specific topics (e.g. How to shorten installation of NW CE)
- Will use one type of channel /format only (e.g. project only via articles)
- Will be communicated on homepages and via the SDN / BPX Newsletters
- Will be announced in a blog post under the new topic ‘Community Project’
- A summary will be provided to cover the results & findings
- Will address all levels of experience (not just for experts)
- All valuable contributions will receive double points
Find out more in the Contribution Corner on the wiki.
Read all about the 1st Community Project The specified item was not found..