Solution (Note 887917):
These are workarounds for versions 2004A, 2005A and 2005A SP01:
Workaround 1: Manual Journal Entry
1. Call up a journal entry (Financials => Journal Entry).
2. Untick the box ‘Autom. VAT’.
3. Call up the settings from the menu by either of the following means:
a) Click on the ‘Form Settings’ icon in the menubar.
b) Go to ‘Tools’ => ‘Form Settings’.
c) Ctrl + Shift + S.
4. Select ‘Table format’ and ascertain that ‘VAT Code’ (or ‘Tax Code’ in US English) and ‘Base Amount’ are both ‘visible’ and ‘active’.
5. Enter the business partner code (Ctrl+Tab and select) and the debit/credit amount in one row.
6. Enter the tax account (Tab and select), select the correct VAT group and enter the debit/credit amount in another row.
7. In the column ‘Base amount’ in the tax account row, change the amount to the one in the debit/credit column.
8. Also, make the columns for system currency (SC) visible by ticking the box ‘Display in SC’ and change the ‘Base Amount (SC)’ field as well since the SC amount is not changed automatically.
9. The system will warn that the base amount has been changed manually, but it is possible to add the journal entry.
10. Call up the tax report (Financials => Financial Reports => Accounting => Tax => Tax Report or Reports => Financials => Financial Reports => Accounting => Tax => Tax Report) and verify that the created journal entry is shown.
Workaround 2: Invoice and manual transfer
1. After consulting with the company accountant about the exact location, create a new tax account, e.g. 117003 (Financials => Chart of Accounts => Add mode).
2. Define a new tax code, e.g. ‘Z1’ and define it for a rate of ‘100%’ (Administration => Set up => Financials => Tax => Tax Codes). Enter the newly created account number above in the ‘Tax Account’ column.
3. Create another new GL account, e.g. 117002, consult the company accountant about the exact location. This account will be used as an interim or suspense account.
4. Create a service invoice, using the interim/suspense account just created (117002),and enter the tax amount in the column ‘Total LC’. Also, use a VAT group with a 0% (zero percent) rate, such that there is no posting to a genuine tax account.
5. Create a manual journal entry (Financials => Journal entry => untick the box ‘Autom. VAT’ if necessary) by which the tax amount posted as ‘Total LC’ is transferred from 117002 to 117003 (Z1).
6. When running the tax report (Financials => Financial Reports => Accounting => Tax => Tax Report or Reports => Financials => Financial Reports => Accounting => Tax => Tax Report) for ‘Z1’, the entire amount (100%) will be shown.
EOP_January08, EOP_Financials, EOP_Logistics, EOP_G/L Posting, EoP_AP/AR Posting