Unfortunately, it is not possible in SAP Business One to define that profit centres (PC) are mandatory for certain accounts. As a workaround, a query can be used to determine whether PCs are present in the journal entry rows.
- Assign Profit Centre (PC) to an account.
- Develop a query to check all JE for this account. Query will return these JEs where the account was used but the PC was not assigned.
- Accountant will run the query and update these JE lines where PC should have been present.
- The accountant only will have an authorization to run the query and update the JE lines (PC field set as active at the JE level).
- The suggested example template query is:
|SELECT T0.[TransId], T0.[ShortName], T0.[Debit], T0.[Credit], T0.[ProfitCode] , T0.[LineMemo], T0.[Line_ID] FROM JDT1 T0 WHERE T0.[Account] = ‘605000A’ and T0.[ProfitCode] =”|
EOP_January08, EOP_Cost Accounting, EOP_Financials