Due to the duality of the reconciliation functionalities within SAP Business One in all versions prior to 2007 there was a possibility of inconsistent reconciliations. Some of these inconsistencies manifested themselves in the display of the red message ‘BP account Balance does not match Journal Entries’ when running the ageing report by sales documents. This error message will no longer appear in SAP Business One 2007 A/B since the reconciliation engines have been unified.
In SAP Business One 2005 SP01 and lower, we recommend to run the ageing report by journal entries.
SAP note 752261 was released in January 2006, providing a set of queries that were designed to determine the cause of the inconsistency. Now there is a better tool available, readily available & easy to use.
SAP now provides the 2007 A & 2007 B upgrade simulation tools, available for download from the SMP:
Channel Partner Portal -> Solutions -> SAP Business One -> SAP Business One Hot Topics -> SAP Business One 2007 Information Centre -> New Single Reconciliation Engine -> click on ‘More’.
1. Download the sim tool & install it locally.
2. Result of the installation:
- A new shortcut appears on the desktop:
3. Open the application with a double-click on the shortcut & select a database from the server to undergo a mock upgrade to version 2007, note that the background colour will differ from the usual SAP Business One background:
4. Log into the database to initiate the mock upgrade. There is no need to take a prior backup. After the database has undergone the mock upgrade, it will appear in red in the ‘Choose Company’ window as ‘_SIMULATION_T0_DatabaseName’, the version will start with ‘-800′, the remaining digits of the version depend on the actual version & built of the simulation tool you employed .
5. The following system message is received:
6.Click on ‘Yes’ at an appropriate time, when effects on the performance of the live system are not an issue.
7. The following window will appear:
Here enter the minimum value of an inconsistency that should be detected during the upgrade. The general recommendation is to use the value of ‘1′ such that minimal rounding issues will not generate reconciliation upgrade journals.
8.If there are no reconciliation inconsistencies in this database, the screen will remain blank. This is unlikely if the error message ‘BP account balance does not match journal entries’ has been encountered. If inconsistencies are found, this window with selection criteria will appear:
9. Clicking on ‘OK’ will result in the display of all recognized inconsistencies with links to all involved documents:
10.SAP Business One will show any inconsistencies detected & more than likely offer an explanation for the reason of the inconsistency. All such classic cases are described in detail in the How-to -Guide which is available for download from the Reconciliation landing page. Any issue that appears as Reconciliation upgrade journal is referred to as an ‘Epsilon’, i.e. no available algorithm could identify the reason for this inconsistency. In that case, please log a support message using the component SBO-ADM-UT-IAT.
11. SAP recommends to upgrade to 2007 & not try to ‘fix’ the inconsistency in a lower version.
12. SAP Business One 2007 A has gone into General Availability on 21.04.2008.
EOP_EOP, EoP__April08, EoP_Finance, EoP_Reconciliation, EoP_Reports, EoP_Banking