SAP LinuxLab Virtualization Certification Workshop – Results!
First I have to apologize, it’s now 12 weeks after the workshop, but here they are. The resuls are finally available. For all of you, who wanted to see statements like “Virtualization technology XY is better then YZ”: They aren’t there, because the goals of the workshop were quite different.
Let me list them again:
- Technical certification of a processor model, e.g. Intel Tigerton. The focus is currently on x86_64, nevertheless there were several IA64 testings as well
- Technical certification of a virtualization technology (VMware ESX 3.5 / Xen 3.x)
- Show the capabilities of an enterprise ready database, in our case MaxDB, in virtualized environments
- Examine the impact on SAP application level having 150% resource allocation (CPU)
- Work on SAP recommendations for sizing and configuration of virtual machines when using SAP
To view the results, please visit the “SAP LinuxLab Virtualization Certification Workshop” SDN Wiki page and navigate to the graphs using the “Results Page” Link.
You’ll find lots of other documentation there as well. If you have any questions regarding the results or the interpretation, feel free to contact me directly (my contact details are given through my SDN business card) or write comments to this blog or the wiki pages respectively.