Collaborative Innovation at SAP – An Introduction
SAP provides Information Workers many tools today that help improve their productivity and allow them to create collaborative workspaces. The products are DUET (SAP and Microsoft), Adobe Connect, NW Portal, NW Search, and NW Mobile.
The story of these products as the foundation of a suite of collaborative tools from SAP has yet to be told. The provocative question is – can SAP stake a claim as a player in the “collaboration” market today? What products and actions would solidify SAP’s position now and in the future? Can we connect to Enterprise 2.0 and the related social media topics with this message while our product roadmap evolves to an even stronger offering?
We think the answer is YES, and that is what the Collaborative Innovation theme is all about. You will be hearing more from me, in this blog, and others from within and outside SAP in the coming days and weeks about evidence that SAP is enabling collaboration today.
This week I am blogging to introduce the concept and get feedback on the questions above.
Collaborative Innovation helps make each individual member of the enterprise more effective at their job and more effective as part of the team.
By bringing together the right people, with the right information, at the right time, Collaborative Innovation delivers
- Increased personal productivity
- Simpler collaboration within teams
- Higher levels of creativity and innovation by connecting people across the enterprise increasing
We see these customer challenges:
1) Ineffective Collaboration Across Teams
- The collective power of teams, both inside and across companies, is not harnessed effectively to achieve business objectives
- Sub-optimal decisions are frequently made due to inability to see the whole business context
2) Unproductive Activity Dominates
- Time and energy is wasted collating content and trying to document and preserve collaboration
- Workers waste significant amount of time looking for information or performing tedious, repetitive tasks
- Enterprise intelligence is difficult to locate and access as it is stored in many and varied systems as well as in the workforce’s tacit knowledge stores
We have created two scenarios that help solve these customer challenges:
- Create collective workspaces
- Enhance personal productivity
Creating collective workspaces is a simple way for teams to plan and solve problems together by enabling them easily aggregate and share information from multiple sources, discuss ideas and track progress in a single online workspace
Enhancing Personal Productivity helps users to get their work done quickly by providing easy access to the information and processes they need and automating routinely performed tasks
Do you have examples of how you have used SAP products to solve these customer challenges? We’d like to hear about them. For your convenience, I have added links to existing community discussions on
NW Enterprise Search: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-search
NW Mobile: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-mobile
NW Enterprise Portal: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-portalandcollaboration
In my next blog I will share examples of such collaboration. Cheers!