The Crystal Reports 2008 ecosystem continues to move to completion with the Alpha 1 release of the next version of our pure Java report design tool, IDE tooling, and runtime engine. When complete, Crystal Reports Basic for Eclipse 3 runtime will consume virtually all reports authored in Crystal Reports 2008. This Alpha 1 release debuts the new editable preview window in the embedded Eclipse report designer. This is now available to Java developers using Eclipse 3.4.
Other new features that debut in Alpha 1 include:
– Export to Excel (Data only)
– Viewing of Crystal Reports 2008 reports with embedded Flash
– Viewing of Crystal Reports 2008 reports with calculated members in crosstabs
– Drag and drop images from the project onto the report canvas
– Improved JSP page wizard for web projects