Getting Started with the Web Services SDK Part IV: Completing Administrative Tasks – The BIPlatform Web service
This installment will provide you with an overview on how to accomplish administrative tasks, such as adding a user to a user group, using the WS SDK and I’ve added a Common Concepts/Features section that outlines the common concepts and features that developers will use when using the WS SDK.
I’ve also added the following Java Consumer API samples:
- Managing Servers and Server Groups
– Add Server to Server Group: Demonstrates how to add a server to a server group
– Manage Server: Demonstrates how to start/stop/restart/enable/disable a server
- Managing Users and User Groups
– Add User Group: Demonstrates how to add a new user group
– Add User to User Group: Demonstrates how to add a user to a user group
- Managing Objects and Folders
– Add Object to Category: Demonstrates how to add an object to a category
– Display Folder Objects: Demonstrates how to retrieve a list of objects in a folder
I’ll be adding C# and VB.NET samples as well, so stay tuned!
Questions or Comments? Feel free to post any questions, comments or feedback you have.