It is also now available through the Update Service. Use Help > Check for Updates within Crystal Reports 2008 to update your version.
So what’s new?
* NEW connectivity to BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.0 This enables all report designer features that depend on a connection to BOE such as:
- NEW opendocument linking wizard. Easily create a formula that generates an opendocument format hyperlinks with a helpful wizard.
- Universe connectivity.
- Business Views connectivity
- Repository object support (managed SQL commands, text objects, images)
* NEW Flash data expert When importing Flash files created with the new Xcelsius Engage, this dialog now appears to help you map your Crystal Reports data to the Flash model. This panel leverages new features found in Xcelsius Engage, and won’t appear if you’re authoring Flash in Xcelsius 4.5 or earlier.
* NEW Support for Visual Studio 2008. If you’re running VS 2008 on Vista, be sure to read the release notes for instructions on configuring your system. If you have VS 2008 installed on your system, installing Crystal Reports SP0 will upgrade your in-IDE reporting components.
*NEW Support for running in 32 bit mode on 64 bit Windows platforms.
So why is it called SP0 and not SP1? The reason is that synchronize our service pack releases with the BusinessObjects Enterprise product because there are many shared components between Enterprise and Crystal Reports. So we wanted to avoid the situation where the 2 products with different service pack names are effectively the same service pack level. This way, when BOE XI 3.0 SP1 is released, CR 2008 SP1 will be the CR service pack that works with it – just the way things worked in prior release.