Intent of this Post-Presentation Series
This is one in a series of postings by the presenters of the SAP Insider Conference “CRM 2008” held in Las Vegas, March 2-5. The comment/talkback feature below provides an opportunity for attendees to interact directly with the presenters and comment or ask questions about their respective CRM presentations.
Title of the Session
Case Study: How Pacific Coast Feather uses SAP Ecommerce for its B2B customers
Hear how Pacific Coast Feather built its B2B and B2C sites using SAP CRM 2005, including SAP E-Commerce components such as the Internet Sales Application (ISA), TREX, Internet Pricing Configurator (IPC), image server, and more.
- Step through the challenges the company faced as it created a B2C site, built a B2B site in Chinese, and converted four existing ERP B2B sites to SAP CRM 2005.
- Understand how the company used the SAP CRM Middleware
- and the Extended Configuration Management (XCM) tool.
- Hear how the company overcame challenges in defining its system architecture and creating its SAP E-Commerce infrastructure.
- Understand how its ABAP developers interfaced with Java applications, and created a debug process that spanned SAP ERP and SAP CRM, and used both ABAP and Java.
- Examine guidelines for high performance, system scalability, and security – and why you should consider a quality assurance (QA) system with the same architecture as production.
- Learn about the hurdles the company tackled during its creation of a multi-language Web site and fusion of four ERP B2B Web sitesinto a single CRM B2B site.
- Hear how its IT team learned to work effectively with marketing’s creative design team.
- Understand the importance of defining a cross-functional process for managing Web site changes after go-live.