Intent of this Post-Presentation Series
This is one in a series of postings by the presenters of the SAP Insider Conference “CRM 2008” held in Las Vegas, March 2-5. The comment/talkback feature below provides an opportunity for attendees to interact directly with the presenters and comment or ask questions about their respective CRM presentations.
Title of the Session
8 key decisions to make when transitioning from SAP ERP service management to SAP CRM
Know what questions to ask during your transition from SAP ERP service management to SAP CRM.
- Learn when and why you can leverage service management capabilities from both SAP CRM and SAP ERP to meet your needs.
- Understand the key differences in capabilities between each solution, see how the transition will affect your current business processes, and assess your options for easing the transition.
- Learn about the different master data objects in SAP ERP and how these translate to objects in CRM Service.
- Learn if service contract billing should remain in SAP ERP or SAP CRM. Understand how revenue recognition will work with service contracts in CRM and determine if you need single-object controlling (a must for revenue recognition) or mass object controlling, a necessity for profitability analysis.
- Know your options for RMAs that are modeled as complaint documents in SAP CRM and replicated in ERP as sales orders with order type and item categories matching between the two systems.
- Learn how CRM Service integrates with the cross-application time sheet and logistics distribution to capture labor hours and materials used by a field engineer.