Did you ever wonder how you can change the client of a SAP Business System and it’s related communication channels?
One might think that changing the client in the communication channel (sender and/or receiver) is enough.
Unfortunately this is not the case. If you change only the client in the communication channel you’ll get the following error: “lookup of alternativeServiceIdentifier via CPA-cache failed for channel XYZ”
It took me a while to figure this out, but finally I got it.
a) Either you create a new business system in the SLD and you restart the configuration of all your scenarios, or
b) You change the client from the business system in the SLD
I definitely didn’t want to go for option 1, as it meant that I had to redo a lot of scenarios (sender agreement, receiver determination etc.). I would have lost significant time and the configuration work is subject to errors as well which would have meant retesting all of the flows.
Therefore I explain in this thread option (b)
1) In the SLD in the Technical Systems area, create a new client for the Web AS ABAP system.
2) In the SLD in the Business Systems area, click on the system that is to be associated with a new client.
3) Click on the Integration tab
4) Change the associated technical system and choose your new client
remark: the name of the business system might be somehow misleading if you specified the client as part of its name.
1) Edit the Business System
2) In the top-level navigation (right area), click on Service and Adapter-Specific Identifiers
3) Click on the button ‘Compare with System Landscape Directory’. Note that this button is only visisle in Edit mode, not in View mode
4) Assign the new client to the communication channels related to the business system.
5) Activate Changes