In A Lighter Vein
During the late 90’s I came across a list of 20 standard answers given by consultants, when they are in a tight spot, during implementation and support.
- It depends on how you configure it.
- That’s not a good translation from German.
- That’s in another module.
- How did you get there?
- That’s a good question. I’d like to see how that works myself.
- That will be in the next release. I haven’t actually seen it yet.
- You wouldn’t want to do that.
- Let’s try that and see what happens.
- That’s a Basis question.
- I don’t know, the “expert” will be here Monday. Be sure to ask him/her.
- That’s not the way it’s supposed to work? what did you do?
- You’ll never need to do that, but if you do, call the hotline.
- Trust me, I know what I’m talking about.
- An ABAP report can be written to get that information.
- I’m sorry I have a plane to catch.
- It’s a bug.
- Let me call the programmers in Waldorf.
- OSS is down.
- It’s been fixed in the next release, but you don’t want to upgrade at this stage.
- And the most important answer if you have no idea at all: “That’s outside the scope of what we are doing.”
With the passing of years, new products, processes, functionalities, technologies etc… do you thing this list has become bigger or smaller?