Like ABAP Programs in workflow, the system manages several versions of a workflow. One of the versions of a workflow is the active version.
For version management, click on Basic data and check the version overview tab. Here you will found all versions.
New version of a workflow definitionFor generating the new version of workflow you choose Workflow –>Generate version.
The workflow definition is set to status new, saved; then activate it else it will be in inactive status.
In order not to increase the memory space requirements for workflow definitions excessively, you should only generate a new version under the following circumstances:
- If you have made incompatible changes
- If there are productive workflows running that refer to the current version.
Generating a runtime version of a workflow definition You can generate a runtime version without activating the workflow definition. To do this, choose Workflow –> Activate –> Generate runtime version.
Generating and activate runtime version Workflow –> Activate –> Generate runtime version.
In last :
- When the Workflow Builder is started, the last processed workflow in the last processed version is displayed as standard.
- When a workflow definition is saved, the old version is overwritten automatically. After being saved, the workflow definition has the status revised.
- The import and export parameters of the workflow container (the interfaces parameter) are not subject to any versioning.