Not always would the customer gets his deliveries picked up from the seller. In fact it is a usual practice for the seller to deliver the goods right to the customers Door Step. This blog explains step by step as to how to perform the same in SAP.
1) Create a normal Sales Order T/Code VA01
2) Create Delivery for the same T/Code VL01n
3) Create TD Shipment: TD shipment is created when the seller has to deliver bulk goods at customer premises.
In such a case it is not possible to do a general PGI(we can’t post goods issue for a tanker of oil). For that we have to create a shipment to deliver the goods to customer and that is what TD shipment exactly does. Moreover there are 2 types of Shipments SD Shipment (Will come in future Blogs) and TD Shipment. TD shipment is done for Bulk Material like Lubricants or Oil and so on. Owing to the property of material (Bulk) we have to use Tankers and hence Compartment planning explained later comes into picture.
T/Code: O4F1 – Create bulk shipment:
In this process we basically make the system understand that we have a shipment to be delivered. This basically creates a Shipment which has to be processed further.
1) Enter Transportation Planning Point: Basically, the transportation planning point consists of a group of employees responsible for organizing transportation activities. Each shipment is assigned to a specific transportation planning point for transportation planning and shipment completion. It is here the, would be shipment receives its TPP.
2) Enter Bulk shipment type: The shipment type contains important features for a shipment like is it inbound or Outbound in weight or volume and so on.
3) Press Enter to proceed
1) Go to Vehicle tab page: This contains the details of vehicle to be used for transportation, the shift, route carrier and other logistical information.
2) Provide the vehicle id which will be delivering the shipment.
3) Provide in which shift it would move.
1) Go to document tab page: This contains the delivery documents which are to be delivered in this shipment (could be more than one but should have the same route as in vehicle tab above)
2) Give the delivery number created in step 2. This is delivery document whose items are going to be delivered. We can add multiple deliveries at this stage so that if there are more than one customer at the same route the same vehicle can do the delivery.
1) Go to Compartment planning tab page: Here we plan how compartments of tanker would be required while carrying out the shipment depending upon the capacity we need to specify 1 or more than 1 compartment.
2) Select required number of compartments compartment
3) Click on confirm schedule to confirm and create the shipment (Generates a unique shipment number)
T/Code: O4G1 – Load confirmation:
Now that we have created the shipment the next logical step happens to be loading the shipment. This is to confirm what we are loading is same as what we have mentioned in shipment. Also as oil due to its chemical & physical properties is dependant on temperature etc those calculations in weight volume at temperature need to be carried out, the reason of having this step.
1) Click on Load bulk to start loading
1) Specify the storage location from where material will be picked up.
2) Enter Batch depends on what batch of material we are going to use taxed Untaxed and so on.
3) Scroll right and at the end enter Reference document number(The reference document number can contain the document number of the customer/vendor) put N/A if it is not available.
4) Press enter to carry on
5) ASTM Pop screen appears: This is an interface for Quantity Conversion
6) Click on calculation this calculates the quantity conversion.
7) Click on continue
8) Select line item
9) Click on balance quantities
10) Again select line item
11) Click on allocate document
12) Click on confirm button (red)
T/code: O4H1 – Delivery confirmation: Once Shipment Creation and Loading confirmation are done, the next step is to deliver and confirm the same. This step is meant for same.
1) Enter shipment No. the shipment created above which has to be delivered.
2) Click on all: This takes us to screen ad lists all the delivery documents in the shipment.
Select line item: Doing this allows us to confirm a particular chosen delivery.
Click on activate: By activating we inform the system that out of all enlisted deliveries this is the one going to be confirmed.
Click on confirm (red button) (means it has been delivered to the customer)
Once delivery confirmation is over. The PGI automatically happens as is depicted by the Document Flow.
T/code: VF01 – Billing: Once we deliver customer we bill him using he following process.
1) Enter delivery number: The delivery document delivered.
2) Click on save button
Material Movement Document Flow:
This completes the TD shipment Creation and Delivery.