On 30th of November the final face-to-face-meeting of ES Community Definition Group Quote to Order for Configurable Products v2 took place in Walldorf and represented the end of this CDG as well. As you see we’re talking about v2, that indicates that this was meanwhile the second CDG in the environment of configuration. And we really proudly can state, that v2 was as successful as the first CDG.
Again it was a very good mixture of participants which was sitting around the table, these have been the following ESC-Member:
- Configit Software
- eSpline LLC
- KRONES AG
- Sybit GmbH
Beside the presentation of the corresponding services of the related Service Bundle of the configuration there were some other very interesting topics that had been discussed or presented within this group, like a deep dive into the world of eSOA (Enterprise Service Oriented Architecture), SAP Internet Pricing & Configuration (IPC) @ SAP NetWeaver and the Enterprise Services Bundle ‘Product Configuration (CRM)’ planned for 2008. An update on Enterprise Services Bundle “Quote to Order for Configurable Products (ERP) V1/V2” was presented by Harald Vogel (Harald is the lead of this ES Community Definition Group):
- Available December 2007: Quote and order services including configuration
- Planned for 2008: Multi-level configuration, configuration simulation,
configurable order BOM, configuration in production and procurement
The highlight of this CDG was the discussion of main integration scenarios – SAP suggestions, customer and partner suggestions. These were among others:
- Individual quote and order configuration process flow and UI
- Integration of third party tools, e.g. external product selection, graphical configuration, drawing and proposal generation
- Integration to shop-floor execution systems
- B2B integration between supplier, manufacturer, dealer
Finally all participants of this group agreed that it was absolutely worthwhile to be a part of this group and that there were a bunch of good new approaches that were shown for the future.
As usual all relevant information should be available shortly within the corresponding WIKI (Enterprise Services WIKI).