The SAP Imagineering Team and the SAP Community Network are holding a contest to showcase how widgets can be utilized in an enterprise setting.
We are looking for a cool widget that pulls data from any SAP Business Suite Application.
Submit your original widget on or before December 14th, 2007 for a chance to win one of the following great prizes, just in time for the Holidays.
The SAP Community Network is offering 120 points for every qualifying submission.
First Prize: Wii System + 300 SCN points
Second Prize: mindstorms + 150 SCN Points
How your widget will be judged:
- It solves a real business problem that can be deployed and used in the enterprise by a business user.
- Mashups are welcome, but please not another mashups with Google Maps, or if you must be original and be sure it’s NOT JUST A MAP it has to be more!
- Bi-directional widgets are a plus
- Innovative UI
Note: Worklist and system monitoring widgets will not qualified, very sorry about that
Some examples of widgets that interact with SAPcan be viewed in the following FINALLY !!! SAP Enterprise Widget Foundation Available for Download
The judges are:
- Denis Browne, SVP of Imagineering
- Regina Sheynblat, Director of Imagineering
- Craig Cmehil, SAP Evangelist
- Dan McWeeney, Community Mentor
Submissions must include the following:
- Brief write up of the use case. Who is target audience? What problem does it solve? What are the benefits?
- Source Code
- Widget file
- Brief description of what version of the suite you are running on, what widget engine you used.
Note: We are looking for new widgets. Widgets published in the widget gallery on SDN as of 11/23/2007 will not qualify.
What can you use:
You can use any tools available on SDN including the Eclipse tools and the plug-ins.
More information on the tools plus the documenation please see this blog
Now the Logistics
Please email your submissions by December 12th to firstname.lastname@example.org
Winners will be selected and notified on December 19tht
The first and second place winners will be posted on SDN by December 21st and the prizes will be sent out shortly there after depending on location we hope they arrive before the Holidays via UPS or Fedex!!
Have Fun, Be Creative and Imagine !!!!
Employees of SAP AG and SAP subsidiaries and associated companies are not eligible.
SAP AG reserves the right to cancel or change the promotion if it cannot be carried out according to the terms and conditions stated herein or as a result of matters beyond SAP´s reasonable control.
The laws of the Federal Republic of Germany apply. The decision regarding the award of prizes will be made without the possibility of recourse to legal action.