This is a third blog in a series of blog about ESOA. In this blog I will explain what I learnt in an ESOA workshop organized by SAP through set of question and answers.
What are the main drivers behind ESOA?
- Business drives IT landscape. IT should not drive the business.
- Flexibility is the main important factor which can take any organization to next level by enabling the organization to grow through amalgamations and mergers.
- One Software Product / Solution or vendor may not be able to provide solution for all the business needs – Hence the need for integration with other products / softwares
So what is required for making enterprises flexible or ready to grow?
- Business process platform should be established to automate business processes using enterprise services.
- These enterprise services may be available with a standard SAP solution
- Custom Enterprises may be necessary to fill the gaps to completely automate a business process.
What is Enterprise Service?
- Web service
- Should be implemented using a methodology and governance rules
- It should be published in a central repository – Service Registry
- Enterprise Service registry is preferred by SAP – Available with PI or as a standalone product
In the next blog , I am planning to explain the design methodology to design/implement a business process using ESOA.