A new release of Visual Composer is now available – to try the new version, download the preview of SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 SP3.
This latest release includes new features and enhancements that make it even easier for you to model applications using Visual Composer. Following are some of the highlights included in SP3:
- Afraid to delete or rename a field or element in a model because you don’t know which other model elements are using it? Visual Composer now includes a tool that enables you to search for references to fields or elements in your model before renaming or deleting them, helping you make sure that your application runs as expected.
Want to start modeling an application but the services you need aren’t available yet? The new Service Component wizard enables you to create a service prototype with dummy data for use in your application, which you can then replace with the real service when it is ready.
- Need to transfer data to and from Guided Procedures? The new Data Bridge connector enables you to do just that.
- Looking for more flexibility in your UI layout? You can use the new Melting Group control to group multiple controls in a form view. You can also define the width of columns in a form view layout, when there are multiple columns.
- Having problems with Visual Composer and need to open a support ticket? You can now automatically generate a zip file containing a comprehensive report of system errors, which you can attach when reporting a product error or customer message to SAP Support.
- Wondering what a specific option in the Configure task panel means? The new Visual Composer Reference Guide, describing each of the options in the Visual Composer UI, is now included in the product documentation. You can also access it directly from the Visual Composer Help menu.
- Trying to set up Visual Composer to work with DTR on your SAP NetWeaver 7.0 system? The information in the Visual Composer Configuration Guide has been improved, and also includes a troubleshooting section, so it should now be easier to set up the connection with DTR.
The features above are just a subset of this new release. You can find more information about all of the changes in this Visual Composer release here.
So download the latest version now, and start using the new features. We’d love to get your feedback on the product and its documentation.