SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 SR3, the composite development toolbox, is available as a 90 days evaluation download. It’s a development edition for local development, only for non-productive evaluation purposes. You can get the installation package on SDN’s download page .
SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1 consists of
- SAP’s Web Application Server (SAP Web AS), based on Java EE 5 technology
- Mighty UI tools, like Web Dynpro Java and Visual Composer
- Offline capabilities made available by interactive forms by Adobe and e-mail techniques
- Composite Application Framework, i.e. service enabling and consumption on a high, reliable and efficient level
- Process Modeling with guided procedures
- NetWeaver Administrator (NWA) to configure your applications in a fast and easy way
The corresponding guides can be found here:
Installation Guide – SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 SP3 – Developer Edition (PDF, 1.2MB)
Master Guide – SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 SP3 (PDF, 1.5MB)
Installation takes only 1/2 – 3/2 hours (time experience with a 2 GHz, 2 GByte RAM, Windows XP machine). Go ahead, download and try SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1 SR3 before others do it.
If you face issues during installation, check out the Composite Applications.
For general information, don’t miss to visit the general CE page within SDN.