Developer meets User – Part 2
In the second part of the series, I focus on the CRM part and the learnings I gained as a Developer.
The process of receiving orders is as shown as in the flowchart below –
The role of a Marketing Manager is as shown below –
As in most small companies, we can see that the Marketing Manager performs more than one role in the company.
The following are the features of the Service process –
1. Each Purchase Order has a guarantee (Certificate of Guarantee).
2. Customer is also given “Operation and Maintenance Manual”
3. Service personnel in every office (around 11 people)
4. Service within the Guarantee Period
a) Complaint comes through Phone, Email or Fax
b) Serviceis done at location – if required, a second visit (in only 5-10% of cases)
c) Minutes of Meeting with customer
5. Service after the guarantee period
a) Regular maintenance
b) In case of Emergency – paid
Learnings for a Developer
1. Users are comfortable with table format of Excel – most of our application use the form format.
2. Excel sheet used has evolved over time – our application should be easily customizable.