Service Desk: Solution Database
When you get a support message in the Solution Manager Service Desk reporting an issue you could first need to look if this issue was already reported previously by other user, for that you would need to search in your internal Solution Database for problem solutions.
The solution database stores problems (so-called symptoms) and solutions with their definition data.
The solution database is delivered without symptoms and solutions. You can create the internal solution database with the functions Process Symptoms and Solutions (IS01).
This blog summarize how to customize a Solution Manager 7.0 system for using this internal solution database and how to search for solutions in the solution database and how to copy Support Message into solution database since SP12.
Customizing for Solution Manager 7.0 before SP12
In order to use the solution database you first need to perform the following steps:
1. Installation of TREX
It can be downloaded as follows:
http://service.sap.com/ -> Downloads -> Support Packages and Patches -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NETWEAVER -> SAP NETWEAVER 2004S -> Entry by Component -> Search and Classif. (TREX) -> TREX 7.0 -> your OS
Get the installation guide in http://service.sap.com/instguidesnw70-> Installations
2. Configure the TREX and the corresponding Software Agent Framework SAF which can be found in the IMG under CRM -> Enterprise Intelligence -> Software Agent Framework
See also note 954407.
3. Configure the solution database in the IMG under CRM-> Enterprise Intelligence-> Solution Database
Check this documentation:
- Solution database http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/0d/923237e5875249e10000009b38f936/frameset.htm
- Implementation Considerations for SAF http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/80/a05d1a6f50454a9c9294fde8669a75/frameset.htm
Other interesting information can be found in:
Customizing for Solution Manager 7.0 for SP12 and above
Support Package 12 delivers a function for transferring solutions to the solution database.
1. Installation of TREX like in section 1 before
2. Configure the steps which can be found in the IMG under SAP Solution Manager -> Configuration -> Scenario-Specific settings -> Service Desk -> Solution Database
Note: As of SP 13 you will find a troubleshooting activity as well.
These point include the default customizing (minimum configuration) required for the use of the solution database for Service Desk scenario.
Check the detailed information given in the Performance Assistant of each point.
For an enhanced configuration, see:
- IMG-> Customer Relationship Management-> Enterprise Intelligence-> Software Agent Framework
- IMG-> Customer Relationship Management-> Enterprise Intelligence-> Solution Database
Search for solutions in the solution database
To search for a solution which has already been documented in your solution database:
1. Go to change mode
2. Choose Search SDB in the Solution Database tab
The system copies the support message short text automatically as search criteria.
3. Specify your search criteria and choose Continue
The system shows you the existing symptoms and solutions for your support message. You can copy these solutions into your support message.
Copy Support Message into Solution Database
You have made the settings required to set-up a solution database, in the IMG.
You may have specified which contents the system automatically copies from the support message into the solution in the solution database, in the BADI BADI_AISDK_LINK_TO_SDB. By default, the system copies the message description.
You are in a message, in change mode:
1. Enter the solution
2. Choose the action “Create Solution in Solution Database”
3. Save your changes
The system automatically copies the following support message details into the solution database:
Description (short text)
Further details according to your settings in the BADI BADI_AISDK_LINK_TO_SDB
4. To put attachments and notes into the solution, select them in the Attachments and Notes tabs
5. Enter the required data
6. Copy some or all message texts with Insert Message Texts
The system only shows the texts for whose text type you are authorized in authorization object CRM_TXT_ID, see note 834534 for details.
When you copy a problem or solution into the solution database for the first time, you can specify, user-specifically, which text types the system suggests by default, for copying message texts, e.g. the support message answer, selecting the Settings button.
7. Save your changes
You can process the problem solution further, in the solution database.
Further information can be found in:
– SAP note 1022680: SAP Solution Manager: Create SDB entry from Service Desk