TechEd ’07 Las Vegas: Quick Links to Video, Blogs, and Hot News
Re-Live TechEd Las Vegas if You’re Here … Get a Sense of the Excitement if You’re Not
SAP TechEd’07 is well underway here in Las Vegas, and so much has happened that it’s hard to keep up with it all. Here’s a quick set of links to some of the best stuff I’ve found…
Videos Capture the Energy and Atmosphere
What better way than video to really get a sense of TechEd’07 in Las Vegas? Here are links to the really well-done videos produced during the event. There are already six videos posted, with at least two more coming, on topics like:
- An interview with Tim O’Reilly, Founder and CEO of O’Reilly Media, who coined the phrase “Web 2.0,” and who was guest keynote speaker.
- A peek behind the scenes of the pre-conference Community Day.
- Interviews with Peter Zencke, Member of the SAP Executive Board, and Vishal Sikka, SAP’s Chief Technology Officer. Both gave keynote talks.
- See and hear from real-live attendees.
- Learn how co-innovation thru the SAP ecosystem is bringing value to customers and partners. This is an interview with Zia Yusuf (my manager / EVP), so SDN and BPX communities are mentioned.
- Demo Jam highlights! It’s the heavyweight developer competition where the audience votes for the winner.
- TechEd summary: a recap of major news and activities from the whole conference.
- A look ahead to the upcoming SAP TechEd ’07 conferences around the world later this year in Munich, Shanghai, and Bangalore.
Look for many familiar faces in these videos… Zia Yusuf (my boss), Mark Finnern, Craig Cmehil, Thomas Jung, Dan and Ed from Colgate-Palmolive, Matthias Zeller of Adobe… too many of your SDN and BPX colleagues to even count… they’re everywhere.
Keep watching the same page for more videos to be added throughout the week.
Big News: SAP Netweaver Subscription
One of the hottest news items — which is causing alot of excitement — is the announcement of a developer license to the full SAP NetWeaver stack (plus other goodies like Virtual TechEd content, support, and more) thru a one-year subscription. It’s an additional model to complement the perpetual license, and it’s intended by us to make it easy for you to get your hands on NetWeaver for training, development, testing, and so on. Here’s a link to the many new stories about this exciting new offering, plus the official announcement from SAP.
More Big News: Ecosystem Momentum … and With It, Our Communities of Innovation
In case you didn’t see it, the official press release that describes the momentum and successes of our global SAP ecosystem. Of course, the “communities of innovation” are mentioned, including SDN (SAP Developer Network), BPX (Business Process Experts), IVNs (Industry Value Networks), and ES (Enterprise Services) community.
Blogs (& News Articles) About SAP TechEd Itself … and All That’s Going On Here in Las Vegas
Here’s a full set of the blogs mentioning SAP TechEd. It’s hard to keep up with them since they’re being published around-the-clock, so the link to Technorati will keep you on top of the latest (sorted by date).
Google News has a good collection of SAP TechEd stories and links, too. Thru that channel I found a bog posted by keynote speaker Tim O’Reilly in his “O’Reilly Radar” series that asks “SAP as a Web 2.0 Company?”
This is Just a Taste…
There’s A LOT more than this going on at TechEd’07 in Las Vegas, but it gives you a quick sense of the hottest items. See more — of course — in our own SDN and BPX blogs.
And if you haven’t yet done it, please register for SAP TechEd’07 in either Munich, Shanghai, or Bangalore. All this news and excitement should inspire you to join us. And while you’re coming, please join us for (SDN and BPX) Community Day.