How to Install the ABAP Report Wizard
- The ABAP Report Wizard was released today during the SAP Community day.
Here you find the step-by-step procedure for the installation of the tool.
I just would like to thank Rich Heilman. This procedure is largely based on a version he created a little while ago.
IMPORTANT: As of now, the tool was created for and tested on Netweaver 2004s or 7.0. It needs to be ported to older versions and for that, we welcome volunteers.
Install Source Code via SAPlink
The first step is to import the SAPlink nugget file into your system. If you do not have SAPlink installed on your system, you can download it from http://code.google.com/p/saplink/. You will also need the following plug-ins which can be downloaded from http://code.google.com/p/saplink-plugins/.
Required Plug-ins :
- Function Groups
- Message Classes
- Dictionary Objects
Once you have SAPlink and the required plug-ins installed, you can run the executable program, ZSAPLINK. Select the radiobutton for “Import Nugget”, and select the nugget file from the file location. Lastly, click the “Execute” button, or hit F8.
Hopefully, the following screen will yield all success messages, signified by the green lights.Notice that most of the imported objects follow a similar naming convention, and hopefully these objects do not conflict with existing objects in your system.
Activation of Imported Objects
Next, you need to activate all objects which have been imported. Of course, there are a few ways to do this, but in order to insure a clean activation, follow these steps:
- Go to SE80, and select “Inactive Objects” from the object navigator drop down.
- Open the Data Elements node of the object tree below. Select all data elements byclicking on the first one, holding down SHIFT and clicking the last, then right-click and choose, “Activate”.
- Next, do the same for the Structures and Table Types at the same time, by selectingIn the same way, click the first, hold SHIFT and click the last, then right-click and “Activate”.
- Lastly, you can now activate the Function Group and the Classes, simply select all, and activate as you did with the other objects.
Hopefully, all objects are now activated with out errors.
Creating the Pattern
In SE80, choose Utilities -> More Utilities -> Edit Pattern -> Create Pattern. In the dialog enter, Z_REPORT_WIZARD and click the green check. In the pattern editor, enter *$&$MUSTER and click “Save” and then the “Back” button.
Please refer to the other BLOG on how to use this tool.
We hope you enjoy it. Please feel free to add comments, suggestions, report bugs or just offer help. As we’ve mentioned during the Community day, this is now a Community project.
IMPORTANT: Where to download the nugget
Some people are having difficulties to find where to download the nugget. The link to the site that holds it is available in the main post. To avoid confusions I am posting it here also.
This tool was conceived and tested in 7.0 only. Reports exist that it works in 6. also but we can’t confirm since we didn’t have the opportunity to test it.
Due to SAP strategy of backwards compatibility, it should work on later versions: ex: 7.1
Leonardo De Araujo, Alexandre Giguere, Rich Heilmann