The Web Dynpro Table is one of the most sophisticated UI elements in the Web Dynpro Java UI Element Library. Within SAP NetWeaver 7.0 it was enriched with additional, highly valuable functions like cell variants, fixed table layout, hierarchical columns or table popins. For TechEd ’07 we prepared a special 2 hours hands-on session (1 hour lecture and 1h hands-on exercises) which mainly focuses on the following learning objectives:
- Provide an overview of the new Web Dynpro table functions in SAP NetWeaver 7.0
- Use cell variants to display different cell editors in the same table column
- Size tables using absolute and relative widths
- Wrap text in table cell editors
- Explain table grouping
- Talks about some of the new table functions in SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1
Based on three hands-on exercises You learn how to display different cell editors in the same table column, how to optimize the widths-values of Table and TableColumn UI element within specific table UI scenarios and how to enrich table column headers with additional hierarchical header lines.
NEW: Download all learning material here!
- Presentation: CD254 Developing State-of-the-Art Table UIs in WD Java – PDF
- Tutorial (Exercises): CD254 Developing State-of-the-Art Table UIs in WD Java – Exercises Handout
- Web Dynpro Projects: CD254 Developing State-of-the-Art Table UIs in WD Java – Sample Project ZIP
Enjoy Web Dynpro and See You at SapTeched ’07
Bertram Ganz, Senior Product Specialist, SAP NetWeaver UI Foundation OPS, SAP AG
Exercise Application 1 – Using Table Cell Variants to display different Cell Editors in Same Column
Add a cell variant of type TableStandardCell to the first table column to display another table cell editor for a subset of table rows. Learn how to change the cell design for all cells in the same table row.
Exercise Application 2 – Sizing Web Dynpro Table Widths
In this table sizing application You can interactively test the table rendering result when setting specific table UI element property values like width, textWrapping, fixedTableLayout or readOnly.
NEW: You can download this special Web Dynpro “Table Sizing” application as a Web Dynpro project ZIP file. This sample applicatio is described more in detail within Chris Whealy’s and my SDN article “Demo Application for Java Web Dynpro Tables (in NW 7.0)“.
Exercise Application 3 – Adding Hierarchical Column Headers
Add two layers of column header texts above all table columns.