TechEd ’07: CE206 – Migrating Web Dynpro Java Applications From SAP NetWeaver 7.0 to CE 7.1
If you have already developed Web Dynpro applications on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 and you want to use the advantages of SAP NetWeaver 7.1 Composition Environment (e.g. table scrolling, real time messaging framework, calendar control), you will learn how to migrate your existing Web Dynpro applications (DCs) and when and how to migrate Your existing Web Dynpro components to the new component model. For TechEd ’07 I prepared a special 1 hour lecture session on this subject matter with the following learning objectives:
- Understand the Web Dynpro Compatibility Contract in SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1
- Migrate existing Web Dynpro Development Components to SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1
- Understand the changes of the New Web Dynpro component model
- Understand correct controller Usage Patterns and how to repair incorrect Usage Patterns (known as anti-patterns)
- Migrate existing Web Dynpro components to the new component model utilizing the Web Dynpro component migration tool (Cheat Sheet)
- Knowing the SAP recommendations on Web Dynpro component migration: when is migration recommended, when not.
- Know further migration aspects like migrating controller contexts, migrating deprecated UI elment associations or migrating Web Dynpro applications using Adaptive RFC models.
NEW: You can now download the presentation slides as PDF document:Migrating Web Dynpro Java Applications From SAP NetWeaver 7.0 to CE 7.1.pdf
Enjoy Web Dynpro and See You at SapTeched ’07
Bertram Ganz, Senior Product Specialist, SAP NetWeaver UI Foundation OPS, SAP AG
Migrating Web Dynpro DCs to SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1
Learn how to migrate your existing Web Dynpro application DCs from SAP NetWeaver 7.0 to SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1. This SAP TechEd lecture gives an in-depth explanation of all required migration steps.
New Web Dynpro Component Anatomy in SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1
Know significant changes and differences in the Web Dynpro Component model like the new local component interface definition, the new window controller replacing the former component interface view controller or the new implementation relation between the purely abstract component interface controller and the component controller. Knowing these changes is important for understanding the component migration process.
Migrating Web Dynpro Components to SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1
Learn a systematic step-by-step approach to prepare Your existing Web Dynpro component implementation for migration, to start the migration process with the Web Dynpro Component Migration Cheat Sheet provided by the Web Dnypro Tools and to complete the component migration process by following some post-processing steps.