Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) is the industry standard for the development of portable, robust, scalable, and secure server-side applications in Java. This hands-on workshop will give you an idea of what it looks like with the tools and services provided in the SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment (SAP NW CE).
The workshop follows a step-by-step approach to build, deploy and run a real-life example application with the powerful Eclipse3-based SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio and standards-driven Application Server Java. The steps include:
- Defining the domain model and creating the database tables with the Java Dictionary
- Implementing the domain model with Java Persistence API (JPA) entities
- Implementing the business logic inside an EJB 3.0 session facade bean
- Exposing it as a Web Service
- Deploying the application on the server and testing its features
All this is covered with extensive exercises, aiming to give you a practical experience with the first-class design-time and runtime support for Java EE 5 in SAP NW CE. It is a natural continuation of the lecture session TechEd ’07: CE102 – A Quick Introduction to Java EE 5 for Developers “A Quick Introduction to Java EE 5 for Developers”. However, if you don’t have the chance, for any reason, to attend that lecture – don’t get frustrated. We’ll be also recapitulating the most important things before each of the exercises so you don’t miss the ground and get the most out of it.
Looking forward to seeing you at TechEd!