Last week Ask A Video Question at the TechEd Keynote! the opening of a TV channel to enable the community to Ask an SAP Exec . The idea: to gather questions for our keynote speakers at TechEd ’07 Las Vegas.
Being a little bashful about using a webcam and video and turning it on myself, I decided to take the plunge anyway and to walk through the steps of producing a show on the Ask an SAP Exec channel. I created a short demo to see how easy (or embarrassing) it might be to make a brief pitch for producing your own video questions to ask our SAP Execs.
The results of that experiment are accessible here on Kyte.tv.
I actually found the technology very user friendly.
Here are the steps I took.
- Used my webcam to pre-record a short 30 second introduction and saved the output as a .wmv file (using my handy dandy Logitech webcam camera). I also experimented using my small digital camera that produces .avi files but I wanted to ensure that the file would be relatively small (about 5M) so the webcam worked just fine.
- Went to http://www.kyte.tv/ask_an_sap_exec
- Under the TV screen, pushed “Produce on this Channel”.
- Pressing that button gave me a screen to “Design the show”
- Chose the video widget on the left and simply dragged it to the screen
- Selected from my files the small .wmv file I had created
- Viewed my video in the screen
- Pressed “Broadcast” to submit my video
We’re extending the deadline through next week so as to give you a bit more time to gather your questions, your camera and your courage. If Grandma Marilyn can do it …..so can you!