Ever wanted to create a (sort of) ad hoc report? The attached report set is a simple example on how this can be done using a combination of webElements and Crystal’s Command objects.
The SQL to create the report is generated on the fly using the web controls and passed to a report which contains several container formulae to output the fields.
a) add new fields or reset and start again
b) add groups or reset and start again
c) add selection filters using dynamic cascading field values
d) add selection filter using a partial freeform method
e) show or hide a graph (drill-down enabled)
1) *** this is not a supported method in that customer assurance at SAP – Business Objects can’t be contacted for help…this sample is for your reference only ***
2) you can however get help applying these techniques through Global Services at Business Objects via a paid engagement as they are familiar with the webelements function library
3)in order for you to view this report properly, you must have pass-through html activated on the web server that serves up the reports…see the webElements forum for more info…i.e. download the webelements.zip and see the User Guide on how to activate pass through html
1) after activating pass through html (see #3 above) publish the 2 reports to your BOE system without the .rpt extension
2) ensure that the WEPlatform custom function is set to your BOE environment (see the webElements User Guide for more info) it is currently set for XIr2 on Java
3) these reports use the xtreme database which ships with Crystal Reports so you must have this up and running to use this