In most situations, the extraction in BI failed due to invalid value for InfoObject. For example, I failed to load 0MATERIAL_ATTR because some of the material number is like “[2Q235-A100060D” ( note the ‘[‘ character) while ‘[‘ is defaultly an invalid character for BI.
Check OSS note #173241 – “Allowed characters in the BW System” ( same as following pic)
If the material number can not have any change on business demand, then we have to include it as permitted characters in BI.
Run TCODE RSKC
Input ‘[‘ and execute the program. This will add ‘[‘ to the allowed characters list.
Many documents has mentioned parameter ‘ALL_CAPITAL’. It is powerful but also a little bit dangerous I think.So here I added only the must-have one.
After this, the extraction should work properly.
Since I was loading 0MATERIAL, you can figure that this is a brand new BI system. (If your BI system has runed for sometime already, please ignore this step) So step1 is not enough. Now we encountered another error:
If we open the cube which has 0MATERIAL to check the cube content ( or open InfoObject 0MATERIAL) the following error message occured.
Run TCODE OMSL (or SPRO > IMG button > BW > General settings > Set Material Number Display) both in R/3 and BI because we need to ensure the settings in BI is the samel to that in R/3.
Hope the above could help you out on the invalid character issue.