Let me introduce a new SAP NetWeaver PI How-to guide. It is basically showing how to replicate information from a database to a SAP bcak-end system.
The guide is divided into three sections. One section is showing the design criteria based on a business scenario. The second section details the implementation solution in PI and finally the third one shows how to configure and post the information in ECC. Even when we will be using JDBC and IDocs, the basic ideas can be reused using other technologies.
Some other important points:
- It teaches you how to implement a “lean” integration process.
- Shows how to implement a configurable package size (important consideration in terms of performance).
- Shows many integration engine configuration details, usually useful in most scenarios.
- Basic ALE performance configuration is also included.
- Integration process parallelization basics.
- Criterias to apply at design time (take a look at this also: Important documentation for your process integration projects ).
What is not covered in this guide is the message packaging functionality and how it replaces IDoc packaging too.
I encourage you to take a look; it covers a wide range of topics and will for sure provide some valuable information: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9056c89c-1a2e-2a10-8a99-eae154e74c4e