SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment is in RampUp and will be generally available soon. The SAP NetWeaver CE evaluation version is offered here in SDN since several weeks: Download page. Because SAP offered with SAP NetWeaver 7.0 the Composite Application Framework (CAF), very often questions come up like:
• What’s in SAP NetWeaver CE?
• What’s about CAF? Is it part of SAP NetWeaver 7.1 CE or how can I find it?
• Is SAP NetWeaver the successor of CAF?
• What’s the relationship between CAF and CE?
These questions are answered very well with a previous blog that explains what CAF was in SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (former name version name was 2004s) and what CAF is in SAP NetWeaver 7.1 Composition Environment. This blog also clarifies that SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment consists of many tools that are good for building composites. One of these tools is the Composite Application Framework (CAF).
However this “re-arrangement” of tools and components cannot be without consequences on SDN. Therefore there’ll be a new forum that invites discussion about SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment.
The picture shows that we have already many forums for technical and specialized discussions regarding the dedicated components of SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment, e.g.
- Visual Composer
- Web Dynpro
- Interactive Forms
- Java EE 5
- Composite Application Forum
Let’s have a closer look to the forum “Composite Application Framework”. At the moment, all composite related questions are discussed in this “Composite Application Framework” forum. In future, this forum should concentrate on more technical discussions around Composites, like
– How does the remote persistency work?
– Is there an API to start a GP process?
More general questions around Developing Composites should be discussed in the new forum “Composition Environment”. Typical topics might be:
– What is a recommended UI technology for Composites?
– I’ve a general issue during installation of CE…
– How do I specify the requirements for building an new Composite Application?
– What about Business Object Modeling? Are there recommendations, best practices, etc.?
The new forum “Composition Environment” will be opened beginning of September, when the SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment Topic will be ToM (topic of the month) in SDN.
For sure SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment has an own SDN area, you can find it here: SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment in SDN .