Panel in Second Life tonight!
It seems that “marketing” is proving to be a huge
failure issue for a lot of companies so much so, that the negative press is starting to cause issues for other firms, in an effort to show that “good things” are happening within Second Life – Metaversed has decided to host a panel discussion on the topic.
I’ll update this post as soon as the venue in Second Life has been confirmed!
(From the original post)
Speaking at Metaversed Live This Week
Im still waiting on a couple of confirms, but we have a fantastic panel already. Confirmed for tonights discussion, in no particular order:
- Craig Cmehil – Community Evangelist, SAP
- Fiona Gallagher – SL Project Lead, Sun
- Jeff Barr – Web Services Evangelist, Amazon
- Jonas Karlsson – Research Team, Xerox
Call in Details
Hopefully you’ll be able to join us inworld, but either way, if you can dial into a US telephone number with a regular phone, or something like SkypeOut, then you’re good to go. The show will start at 12pm SLT/PST, 8pm GMT today, details follow:
- Signup for an account at TalkShoe
- You do NOT need to download/install the Talkshoe software, but it is useful as it allows you to txt us what you want to talk about (ie you’re more likely to get on).
- Call i(724) 444-7444
- Talkcast ID: 40974
- Enter your PIN — Created by you when you signed up at Talkshoe.com
- IMPORTANT: If you are at the Second Life location, turn your external speakers down on your PC, otherwise you’ll cause echos on the stream.
Source – Tech Firms to Discuss Second Life Experiences, Lessons Learned – Today at 12pm | Metaversed
Actually it sounds like the name of a soft rock band or even better country rock band.
Craig: How was it. I am bummed that I could not participate. Was it taped?
Let us know, Mark.