SAP develops predefined, preconfigured personal information service for many countries like USA, Germany, Canada, etc., In the standard Employee Self-Service business packages these service can be find under the business area Personal Information. This business area groups the service which gathers the personal details of the employees.
These services facilitating an increase in employee efficiency, reduce costs, speed portal deployments, and maximize the value of your IT infrastructure thus helping companies get the most out of their IT investments.
In general The business package for Employee Self-Services helps streamline administrative tasks common to large numbers of employees within the organization. It covers data from various business areas:
_ Benefits and Payment _ Working Time _ Career and Job _ Employee Search _ Personal Information _ Travel Management _ Corporate Information
_ Life and Work Events
This business package contains Web Dynpro applications which is accessed SAP Enterprise Portal. These Web Dynpro applications are available with the SAP ECC 5.0 Human Resources Extension (EA-HR 500) component and above.
Business Package for Employee Self-Service (ESS) is installed and configured. The personal information scenarios need to be configured to work for the public sector employees for example USA.
- Business Package for Employee Self-Service (ESS) is installed and configured.
- Public sector solution is the ECC server is configured.
- Configure a test portal user with Employee Self-Service role.
- Configure the corresponding Back-end user (ECC server) with an USA Public sector employee.
Find the Infotype View Indicator value for the USA
a. Enter the transaction PE03 (maintain HR: Features)
b. Go to the display mode of the HR Feature “IVWID”
c. Navigate to the Molga 10 (USA)
d. Find out the return value (Generally it is 10. For Public sector it is UP)
Configure the Screen Structure to Infotype Versions for Personal data Service (Infotype 0002)
a. Find the screen structure used for US scenario:
1. Enter transaction SPRO
2. Navigate to Personal Management à Personal Administrator à Customizing Procedures à Infotypes à Assign Screen Structure and Conversion Class
3. Find the screen structure maintained for the Infotype 0002 and Version 10.
b. Create an entry for USA public sector
1. Enter transaction SPRO
2. Navigate to the following IMG node Personal Management à Service-Specific Setting à Own Data
3. Execute the IMG activity Reuse Country-Specific Applications
a) Execute the first step Assign Screen Structure to Infotype Versions
b) Create an entry for USA public sector
3. Repeat step 2 for other scenarios (Addresses (Infotype 0006), Bank Information (Infotype 0009), and Family Member/Dependents details (Infotype 0021)) as well.