The Enterprise Services Repository:
- Facilitates the building of service interfaces Service interfaces form the basis of enterprise services.
- Supports SAP’s concept of business-driven process modeling
- Will be shipped with a pool of SAP-defined Global Data Types based on the Core Component Technical Specification (CCTS) This ensures that data types are aligned and can be reused.
The Services Registry:
- Makes known which enterprise services are available for consumption The Services Registry contains information about all services and service definitions in a SOA landscape, including references to the Web Service Description Language (WSDL) file and to the locations of the callable service endpoints.
- Is compliant with Universal Description, Discovery, and Integration 3.0 (UDDI)
- Offers classification systems for SAP services that extend the UDDI standard, allowing services to be browsed by classification
- Offers a variety of search options, such as search by name and free-text search.
The combination of Enterprise Services Repository and Registry also accommodates customers and partners who only need to work with a lean development environment. This is why SAP is offering different shipment options. The Enterprise Services Repository and Registry will be shipped with:
- SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1 also includes the Integration Directory and the Integration Server. Shipment is planned for December this year.
- SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 offers full service provisioning capabilities, but without the full integration functionality of the Integration Directory and the Integration Server. Shipment is planned for November this year.
The Enterprise Services Repository and Registry presentation explains the new capabilities in greater detail. Furthermore, don’t miss upcoming events such as TechEd to learn more about the new functionality of the Enterprise Services Repository and Registry.