SCN a platform?
With all of the hype about Facebook and it’s API and now that LinkedIn will be delivering an API as well in the next several months I’ve been pinged a few times to find out what SDN/BPX is doing to provide an API?
I gotta saw I’m stumped. So I wanted to open it up to our community to tell us what they “think” we could provide to them for interaction in their own apps?
Before you tell me though, let me just let you know what we are hoping to have live in the next several months:
- RSS/Atom feed of Top Contributors Report
- RSS/Atom feed of Top Companies Report
- RSS/Atom feed of your own contributions
Now those we have on our wish list and we hope they can make it into the line up this year.
Here’s what we already have:
- RSS Feeds for all blog topics
- RSS Feeds for all forum categories, forums, threads and users
- RSS Feeds for all homepages
- RSS feed of all new downloads
- RSS feeds for each blogger
- RSS feeds for Wiki content
Granted not a “true API” but all that is already available publically. Now what we don’t have an it’s not on the wish list because there are multiple work arounds is of course “interaction” with our search. But again there are several FireFox plugins and other plugins already there and available.
So what is it you are wanting or would like to have?