Organize your business attachments from Web
There are many blogs in SDN, which explains how to upload and download the documents in SAP from web.
But there are some scenario where in attachment needs to be managed from web as well as from SAP GUI.
This series of blog will serve & share my views on the same.
There are many ways you can store the attachments in SAP like Records Management, Document Management and Business Document Service (BDS).
I’m going to use BDS to organize the documents.The reasons are,
- There is no customizing settings required, that’s the good news for developers.
- The documents can be viewed in Business Transaction like IE01, VA01 etc.
In order to view the attachments in web, we need an custom application. In addition, user can view the attachments along with Business data in SAP without any further development effort.
Ways to store:
There are multiple way to store the documents in BDS. Using
- Business Object Repository object – We are going to explore in detail.
- The advantage is, you can view the documents in SAP along with Business data in one place.
- Object from class library
- In order to store using Class, you need to link our class to document class in Transaction code SBDSV1.
- Other objects – Settings required
Attachment can also be viewed in BDS Navigator (Transaction code OAOR).
We are going to discuss the below items using Business object option in detail: