We’re pleased to announce that we’ve just launched the Beta community on Diamond. This community will provide registered and approved participants with early access to future releases. By testing these products in a real-world environment, you will play a key role in helping our development teams improve the quality of the product before it is released to the market.
First up is the Crystal Reports Viewer XI Beta!
Test Drive the Beta version of the Crystal Reports Viewer XI. This free download allows you to open and view .rpt files with saved data. You can distribute reports to users who don’t have a full version of Crystal Reports! This beta program will run until the end of July 2007.
The Crystal Reports Viewer XI provides you with an easy way to view and share your Crystal reports (.rpt files).When you view a report, you can work with it interactively:
- You can navigate through the report, using convenient tools that help you find the exact information you’re looking for.
- You can drill into the report to see background information. (Background information is often found in hidden views of the report that you normally don’t want to see.)
- You can save the report to one of several formats that are available. For example, you can save your report to PDF.
- You can share a report by simply e-mailing the report and providing a link to the Crystal Reports Viewer XI. The recipient can download the free viewer and carry out any of the navigating and searching that you can do.
The Crystal Reports Viewer XI also gives you access to other content:
- You can search for additional reports on your local system, on crystalreports.com, or on BusinessObjects Enterprise.
- You can use links that take you to free trials and evaluation software.
- You can enable auto-update to download updates and enhancements to the viewer.
Click the “Betas” link in the left side navigation or here to learn more about the Beta community.