Glossary of terms related to Configuration
Characteristic – It is a characteristic of the configurable material to be created.
Characteristic Values – It is the values that a characteristic can take.
Class – It is a Object oriented concept, in which we assign the characteristic to the class. This class can then be used to assign to material and Configuration Profile.
Configuration Profile – It stores the relation between the configurable product and the characteristic ,characteristic values and the class.
Material master data – It stores all the data about a material.
Part Items – A configurable material is made up of many part items. These part items can then represent the characteristic of the configurable product.
BOM – It stores the information about what part items a configurable product is made up of.
The following are the steps for creating a configurable material –
1. Creating characteristic (transaction CT04)
2. Creating classes (transaction CL01)
3. Maintaining the material master for the part items (transaction MM01)
4. Maintaining the master data for the main configurable material (transaction MM01)
5. Creating a configuration profile for the material (transaction CU41)
6. Creating the dependencies for the characteristics (transaction CU01)
7. Creating a BOM for the material (transaction CS01)
8. Create pricing condition for the materials.
9. Create a order with the configurable material and check whether it works fine.