- It writes a comment in the test script, with information about the source of the test case.
- It copies all the attributes of the test case to the test script.
- It copies the documentation in the test case to the test script.
- It replaces the ampersand (&) at the beginning of CATT parameters and local variables with the underscore (_) at the beginning of eCATT parameters. The ampersand (&) at the beginning of standard parameters is not affected.
- It replaces CATT functions with the appropriate eCATT commands.
- It writes comment lines into the test script where changes to the script need to be done manually.
The first part which shows how to create a CATT script and parameterize the same and later next will show how to migrate the same to ECATT. The following example first shows how to create a test case in CATT script (here MM03) and later provides detailed steps to migrate it to ECATT. Step 1: Enter Tcode SCAT which use for CATT tool. Now provide a name say zpsmm03. Click create. Enter title, select Type as CATT and select component. Now click CATT button and then Record. Step 2 Enter Tcode mm03 and press enter.Now check an existing Material and after browsing the material windows just come back.Click end recording. E.g here we did it for material number 880: Step 3 Watch the changes as shown above. Now to parameterize the same just double click object mm03. The following screen will come up: Step 4 Observe the details as shown above. Click Field list button. Step 5 Note here the material number 880, this is the same material no preexisting and I have checked the same for my script. Now to parametrize the same just double click it. A pop up will come up as shown: Step 6 Enter name and press enter. Step 7 Set the default value for the same. Finally, the script is ready to use and we can run the same in either of three mode, i.e. foreground, background or errors and a log will be generated as shown. In next blog we discuss how to migrate this CATT script to ECATT. Also how the parameters of this one get reflected in the new one.