- Navigate To System Administration –> System Configuration–>System Landscape–>Portal Content.
- Create a Folder There Say Sap_Sytems.
- Right Click on the Folder and Go to New , Select System from Template.
The screen shows names of the system to which the connection are supposed to be made, I am showing how to make the backend connection to an R/3.
- Choose SAP system using dedicated application server(if you are using the Load balancing you need to give certain extra parameters while you make the connection such as the group).
- Fill in the Name and the id for the system, click on finish .
Choose open object for editing.(even though you miss this out it can be selected by clicking on the Sytem Name.).
- From the Property Editor , Select Connector.
Following Fields are mandatory , Application Host ( Name of The application server to which the connection is supposed to be made).
- Gateway Host
- Gateway Service
- Logical System Name
- Sap Client
- SAP System Number
- Server Port
- System type (In My Case iam choosing it as R/3).
- Once this has been done Navigate to User Management in the Property editor
- Navigate to web application server (WAS) available in the property editor.
- In the web as host name you have to enter the path of the server and port number. The Port number can be obtained by logging to the BW server and running the transaction “SMICM”.
- Click on this icon to know the port number.
- The next step is to define the system alias for the system which we have created. Navigate to Object and select system alias for the system.
Once the system alias is defined we need to map the user to that particular system. Navigate to User Management³Identity Management (This is in EP 7 ) Find the user and define the login credentials for the system which has been defined. The last step is to test whether the connection which we have made is working fine or not . Navigate till the position where you have defined the System .Select Connection test from the Object , and press test.If the connection is working fine it will display the success message else go through the message as it clearly displays the error.