In this weblog, I will be discussing how to enable the print version in the Webdynpro ABAP ALV. The user can print out the ALV output of the web dynpro ABAP application by clicking on the button Print Version from the toolbar. ALV then generates a standard PDF file from the ALV output data, starts Adobe Acrobat, and displays the generated PDF file.
The user can use the ‘Settings’ dialog box to make many settings related to the display of the PDF file. The same options are available in your application. Define the presetting for the PDF document as follows:
* Define the paper format and alignment
* Define the size of the printable area
* Scale columns and rows
* Send the output directly to the printer
* Setup the header and footer
Here are the pre-requisites to enable Print Version in the Web dynpro ABAP ALV.
1. Usage Type BI-Java needs to be installed.
2. Web Service Destination for Adobe Document Services (ADS).
3. RFC Destination SALV_WD_EXPORT_PDF in SAP WAS.
4. Maintain RFC Destination in J2EE sever.
Installation, customization & Trouble shooting are defined in the OSS note: 918236
To test the Print Version feature, you can use the SAP delivered Web dynpro application WDT_ALV as shown below:
click on the button Print Version to display PDF format of Web Dynpro ABAP ALV likes below: